Wednesday, October 13, 2010

She is in her room.

Charlotte is settled in the CICU. She is doing pretty good. They gave her a dose of pain meds when she first came in the unit because she was wide awake, pulling at her lines, and kicking her feet.

Mike and I have been with her for about an hour. Her nurse is fantastic; she went over everything that we needed to know. Her cardiologist stopped up and we also spoke briefly with the surgeon. Everyone seems pleased with her progress.

Mike and his parents just went to get something to eat, I am pumping once again, and Kate and my mom are with Charlotte. When Mike gets back, we will switch and we'll find something to eat. I have yet to eat today, so I am starving!

They warned us that tomorrow will probably be the tough day pain wise. They will try and stay on top of it though.

It is so hard to see my baby like this, but I keep reminding myself that her broken heart is on her way to being fixed.

10 comments:

  1. Are they feeding Charlotte thru a tube, or are you still bottle feeding her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Charlotte is doing well, don't forget to eat, you need your strength, sounds like tomorrow might be a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear she is settled. The nurses at CHW are the best aren't they!! But I agree with Dr.Beth....take care of you too. You won't be able to take care of the rest if you don't have your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin--no food yet. She shouldn't need a tube if all goes well. The think she should be able to try and eat either late tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, this is happening SO FAST! And as fast as it is happening, the healing will also begin.

    Don't forget to eat and sleep! I thought about you all day today, and you'll be first in my prayers over the next few days. And Happy Birthday to Katherine! With Charlotte receiving this new lease on life today, it's almost as if they'll share a birthday. . . lots of love! Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Charlotte's settled in her room and she can begin the healing process :) Remember to eat and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. I am so happy the surgery was successful and that Charlotte can begin the healing process. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers over these next few days/weeks. Take care of yourself, get plenty of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear that everything is going well. I had thought about you all today! I hope you are able to eat, sleep, and hold her soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thrilled to hear that everything is going well. So happy the surgery is done and she can begin the recovery process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am go glad everything went well, onward to the recovery, Miss Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!