Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm emotionally beat.

I had really good intentions. I had a topic that I wanted to blog about in my head all day. But, it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. We have had a great first day home today. Katherine had preschool, Will and Mike did some yard work, and I spend a lot of time cuddling/nursing Charlotte and thinking about how grateful I am. We also all (well, except for my eldest) took naps and tried to catch up a bit.

Charlotte is doing well. She is a bit sore, and we have been giving her tylonel to help with the pain. Certain positions seem to bother her more than others. She is eating well, and enjoying the craziness of her silbings. Cooing a lot and offering us a smile or two here and there. Katherine helped me give her little sister a sponge bath today; both my girls seemed to enjoy this, and Charlotte's hair is a bit less crazy now.

As the five of us laid in Will's bed tonight reading bedtime stories (good thing he has a queen size bed!) I couldn't help but get a little teary. I have three, amazing and now healthy children. I have a wonderful husband that has been fantastic through all of this. How did I get so lucky? We are enjoying life over here, that is for sure.

To answer the question of a few today, no the blog is not over just because surgery is. Those of you who know me, know that I always have a lot to say, and Charlotte's journey in this world has just begun. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is falling back into place, and happy that you will continue to post updates since we don't see you guys often enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Charlotte's journey in this world has just begun" I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for those moments for all of you! Very happy to hear that she is home, safe, loved, and clearly with an amazing family! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!