Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 for 21 Factoid: Part IV

When Charlotte was diagnosed with Down syndrome, my thoughts immediately turned to everything she wouldn't be able to do. All the dreams new parents have for their children seemed to fly out the window for me. Fortunately, it didn't take long for me to realize, I could close that window.

Because, people with Down syndrome do...

...learn to ride bikes,

...learn to read,

...graduate high school,

...drive a car,

...go to college,

...get married,

...live independently

...and so many more.

The only thing that needed to change, was for me to realize it isn't my hopes and dreams that are important, it is what Charlotte wants.

Dream big, baby girl. You can do it.

Photobucket

***Check out this blog post for a great list of what people with Down syndrome can do, and videos/news articles to go along with each story (read the comments as well, more great links there!). Very inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!