Saturday, October 12, 2013

A curse?

Tomorrow is Katherine's birthday. My baby girl is going to be eight.

Three years ago on this day, I wrote this post.

Last year on the day after this day, I wrote this post.

I am starting to think this week in October is cursed! Mike and Charlotte have been battling sickness all week, finally starting to feel a bit better today. We spent the morning getting ready for Katherine's sleepover birthday party which she has been over the moon excited about for weeks. Mike and Katherine ran to pick up a few movies for tonight, and upon their return, I took one look at my nearly 8-year-old and realized she was sick. Pale as a ghost, and lower lip quivering as she told me her head and throat hurt and she was getting the same thing daddy and Charlotte had. Her eyes welled up with tears and she started sobbing when she realized her birthday party would have to be rescheduled.

In the grand scheme of things, compared to the topics written about in the above linked posts, having to postpone a birthday party due to illness is really not a big deal. It is still hard to see her so sad though. She perked up a bit after a nap and McDonalds shake, and we gave her a couple of her birthday presents a day early to take her mind off things.

Fingers crossed that me and the boys don't get this nasty bug as well, and that the others continue to get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!