Monday, April 18, 2011

The countdown is on...

Just under two months until my baby turns 1! Yikes! Where has this year gone?!?



The party planning is in full swing. Invitations have been sent (evites actually) in an attempt to let everyone know early so they can save the date, and just this morning Kate and I started canvasing the party stores looking for the perfect color scheme. It is going to be quite the party, and if I do say so myself, Charlotte deserves it....and so do we. We have been through a lot this year, and come so far since the early days after Charlotte's birth.


It is time to celebrate!! Hope to see you there!!


I entered this world June 9th, two thousand ten
7 pounds, 4 ounces, 20.5 inches back then
I came three weeks early, much to everyone’s surprise
A head of dark hair and big round eyes

Yes, I have had a crazy first year,
But I’m a fighter, I hardly shed a tear
Doctors, surgeries, therapy and more
But really, who is keeping score?

Now I am healthy, happy, and cute
I laugh, I wave, I coo, and I scoot
Adored by my parents, family, & friends
The joy that I share never really ends

As my first year comes to a close
I deserve a party, I do propose
A special day, to celebrate me
For all I have been through, and all I will be

We have a lot to celebrate
So please, don’t hesitate
To come for drinks, food, laughs, and fun
Tractor rides, a bounce house, and hopefully sun!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Celebrate! I find myself thinking ahead more than I did with the first 2. It really is something to celebrate (the child and our own growth). Great family picture by the way. I keep wishing we lived closer to one another!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!