Friday, March 2, 2012

For you, dear Kate.

I was talking to my aunt Kate on the phone earlier today while Mike and the older two kiddos were outside enjoying the quickly falling snow. Kate heard Charlotte yelling at her siblings through the patio doors, and told me to get off the phone and take the girl outside with her brother and sister.

Ugh. I quickly explained to her the process of dressing a toddler for snow play, which included bundling them up so tight they can barely move. Then, trudging outside only to have about five minutes before the toddler who can't move is miserable and cold and needs to come back in. Charlotte is my third child, I know that nothing good will come out of this crazy snow play process until she is older.

Enter the mommy guilt. I took her sister outside to play in the snow when she was a toddler. And though, not as frequently, I also took her brother out at her age.

Alright....here we go. I hurried upstairs, dug through a bin of Katherine's old clothes and pulled out barely used snow pants, boots, and a heavy jacket (which I knew was going to be too small for Charlotte, but it worked). She looked at me like I was crazy while I started bundling her up; I added a hat and mittens and out we went.

For ten minutes.

Photobucket

The wind was blowing, the snow was falling, and while the scene was picturesque, Charlotte wasn't impressed.

Photobucket

Mike put her under a cluster of trees/bushes to protect her from the wind, and she managed a little grin, though she still didn't know what to make of the whole experience.

Photobucket

"Hey guys, I think I like this?!"

Photobucket

The older kids attempted to build a snowman, but the snow was so heavy and wet, Mike was unable to lift the huge second snowball on top of the the first.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Hope all our fellow Wisconsinites are enjoying the snow tonight. We did. Sort of.


Photobucket


This one is for you Kate. I took her out, happy now? :-)

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, especially that last one. Looks a little desperate! I hate this part about winter and kids under 3. It is more work than it's worth, but I know that guilt part!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!