Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Surviving...barely.

It has been a rough week. This is going to be quick, as my time is limited and my to-do list is eight miles long. Thank yous from Katherine & Will's birthday party have been sitting on my end table for over a month...maybe you will get them by Christmas?

Charlotte is pretty much the same. Eating a little bit better some days, but her demeanor has remained the same. Clingy, crabby, whiney. I hate to admit it, but I look forward to nap time and bed time so I can get a break from the whining. I keep reminding myself that it is going to take time for her body to heal and we need to be patient. However, it is hard. Mike and I are both exhausted, and in turn very "short" with each other and the older kids. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

Smiles are few and far between, but I caught a few the past couple days. I hope when I come back and write the next update we will be on the upswing.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Trying out the awesome gluten-free cake our friend Alison made us!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Oh yeah, best purchase in our gluten free quest was a panini maker. I have yet to find a brand of gluten free bread that tastes good when it isn't toasted, so we have been eating a lot of paninis. Charlotte loves 'em!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sending you guys some love! She looks a little smaller already. Hope the good gluten free baking starts plumping her back up.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!