Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Good-ish News.

In the words of the oncologist  "I have good news. The bone marrow, as of right now, does not indicate leukemia. However, we are not out of the woods yet, as her blood counts are still off and we don't know why."

The plan is to do blood work every 1-2 weeks to check her levels and pray they go up. He also didn't have an answer to her lack of energy/lethargy, so we are hoping that improves as well. They are sending her marrow for a more in depth chromosome study. In addition to her extra 21st chromosome, most kids who develop leukemia have other additional dna material. If her blood counts continue to get worse, another bone marrow test will be done. It could be that we just caught it too early.

I am taking a bit of a deep breath right now, and hope like heck she starts to feel better.

More later, not sure when we are going home. Oncology is ready to discharge us, but we are waiting on GI.

I'll keep you posted. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


  1. Amen!! I am taking the positive approach here and giving praise for the good news received today. God bless Charlotte!! (and all those wonderful doctors too!!)

  2. Well thank goodness for baby steps. I'm sure the worry is still strong, considering you still don't have a real answer. Ms. Charlotte will be staying in my thoughts.


We love comments!!