Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Crappy Croup

I had intentions to write a pretty involved post tonight. But, Charlotte caught croup and I am running on about two hours of sleep. This is my first experience with one of my kiddos and croup, and I gotta tell you, I'm not a fan. It is pretty dang scary, and as I sat holding my baby last night in a steamy bathroom while she struggled to breathe, my brain knew she was going to be just fine, but my heart strings were being tugged at in a major way.

Luckily, Charlotte is a pretty good sport. These pictures were taken at about 4AM (sorry for the poor quality, low light + cell phone = crappy pics, but you get the gist of it!).

Photobucket
Playing the iPad.

Photobucket
Pretending to go "night-night."

Photobucket
This pic was at about 6AM, when she finally fell asleep after about 4 hours of being awake, though you could hear her breathing from a mile away.

A trip to the pediatrician this morning ended with a breathing treatment (which she was NOT a fan of), a dose of an oral steroids, and a script for a few more doses if needed over the next few days. She is doing much better tonight and I have high hopes for some better sleep; though I did leave the chair in the bathroom just in case.

Photobucket
Happy to have a new batch of books to look through at the doc's office.

Photobucket
She certainly doesn't look sick, does she? Quite the trooper she is.

Photobucket
A popsicle make everything better.

I am thankful Charlotte is a pretty healthy kid. In fact, this was the first time I had been to the pediatrican for a sick visit in over a year (with any of my kids!). We are lucky, and I have so much respect for everyone out there who deals with all these dang breathing issues on a regular basis. You are my new heroes, cuz it sucks.

Night ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little girlie. That is not an illness any mama would want her baby to have. By the way, wanted to let you know that you won the little green flower bow from my giveaway, so I will need your address. You can email me at leahethompson@gmail.com. And let me know if you want it on a barrette or a headband. I assume barrette based on her hair. Hope she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Thanks, Leah!! I am off to email you...

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!